29.7.11

day 4

it's friday
i've had my trays since monday night...
the first night it wasn't too hard to take the trays off, but i think it's because they weren't even on for a full hour yet....
then it got harder
but yesterday morning it was a bit easier
and today, easier still
and it's not too tight on those bottom 3 teeth anymore
and i can get floss between 2 back teeth much easier (even though it hurts to floss between some bottom front teeth)
and if i look, where the floss goes easier now, i can see a space...so, my back teeth are actually moving already! my mom doesn't believe me, but it's happening
my teeth used to line up real good and stuff, but now, not back there...because there's movement!
neat!
and weird
my teeth are moving...now i'm weirded out

last night we went out to eat....i was worried, but, i had already had my trays out for a total of about an hour for the day, and i know 22 is the main goal, but my dentist said 20-22
the restaurant wasn't too far from home...so i took the trays out in the car, and we had yummy chinese food...it's still weird to chew....if my front teeth touch there's some pain, so i'm chewing on my molars, but i can't close my mouth all the way yet...and the attachments keep making me think there's food stuck to my teeth (esp the ones on the bottom tooth that's set back, and the top tooth that's set back..bc food gets stuck there normally)
anyway...so we went there, then to a cupcake place next door, and then home
so, the trays were probably out for more than an hour, which puts me over 2 hours for the day....2.5 hours?
that's not bad....i figure if it was too long, i probably would have had a really hard time putting them back in
and i didn't
but it did feel like my teeth were moving back? i don't know
not sure what i got myself into to be honest

tonight is pizza night at my parents....it should be ok...i've had them out about half an hour already today
then probably another half an hour for lunch....then later for pizza....only problem is my mom always has pop ems or some other yummy thing to eat....do i keep them out the whole time i'm there? or put them back in after pizza and then take them out for desserty type things and go through all the fun again?
we'll see
really, my main concern is how i'm going to eat pizza....so far everything i've eaten since getting them has been soft (pasta, rice, hot dogs, bagels, mac 'n cheese, even the chicken and broccoli last night was softish...even though i've been swallowing things kind of whole)....but pizza is also thinner
i am not giving up pizza for anything!

No comments: